apr-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Pilch-Bisson <ke...@pilch-bisson.net>
Subject Re: apr_ function prefixes
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 11:50:09 GMT
On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 03:05:30PM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 09:38:16AM -0500, Kevin Pilch-Bisson wrote:
> > +1 for this, but only if it is done soon.  As Ryan said recently, APR is
> > approaching the Beta stage, so API's shouldn't change much.  However, I
> > think this is a useful change.
>
> A little process comment here: Ryan is a single voice out of all of us here.
> I want to see a "beta" also, but just because Ryan or I say so doesn't make
> it true.
>
> Basically, we release it as a beta when we (the group) think it is a beta.

My apologies if I stepped on any toes.  I didn't mean to say that Ryan
had the final say or anything like that.  I was just referring to the
fact that Ryan recently suggested not changing API's much, because APR
was approaching Beta.  All I meant to say was that I thought this change
was important, even though it _DOES_ in fact change those API's, but
that it should be done soon if it is done, because the API should be
stable once APR is `Beta'd.

If you interpreted it differently, please rest assured that this was all
I meant to imply.
--
Kevin Pilch-Bisson
kevin@pilch-bisson.net