apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hudson <ghud...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: FreeBSD 4.2 breakage (?)
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:06:15 GMT
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:47: syntax error before `sa_family_t'
> [etc.]

The problem is the -D_POSIX_SOURCE which Greg Stein added last night.
I was thinking of sending mail about it at the time, but decided he
had probably done all the necessary footwork; I guess he missed
something.

If you define _POSIX_SOURCE, you cannot portably include system
headers which are not specified by POSIX (including them indirectly
through apr header files doesn't change anything).  A well-behaved
system will work anyway, but many systems will fail confusingly like
you reported; <sys/types.h> doesn't define something like u_char which
is used in the non-POSIX header file.

Remove the -D_POSIX_SOURCE and things should build again, or at least
shouldn't run into this problem.