apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject APR_HAVE_SOAPBOX
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:39:47 GMT
<soapbox>

  Greg... looking at your new apr_xml.c

#ifdef APR_HAVE_OLD_EXPAT
#include "xmlparse.h"
#else
#include "expat.h"
#endif

  Can we all agree that APR_HAVE_FOO is _ALWAYS_ defined in terms of a boolean?

  The reason I broke so much code was grepping for APR_HAVE_ and HAVE_, expecting
  the former to be boolean and the later to be def/undef.  (Ok, that and fat fingers.)

  Not I'm not suggesting that we start populating the public space with HAVE_ symbols,
  and we don't want to conflict with other libraries' HAVE_ symbols.  But can we say
  that APR_HAS_ is a def/undef condition, and APR_HAVE_ is a boolean, expected always
  to be declared?

</soapbox>