apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml apr_xml.c
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:49:09 GMT
From: <gstein@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:14 AM

> gstein      01/02/28 07:14:50
>
>   Modified:    xml      apr_xml.c
>   Log:
>   enable building against old/new expats
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.18      +6 -3      apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c

>   +#include "apu_config.h"

May I ask a loaded question?  Are we creating apu_config.h on the fly, or are we
simply missing an apu_config.h.in (which I'm happy to parallel)?

We have somehow avoided on-the-fly generation all this time with .h.in files.
These are easy to mirror on any platform, whether the platform supports build sh
scripting or not.  This is not the case with sh generated scripts.

Can the new header be expressed in terms of an .h.in (.hw, or whatnot by platform)
or are we departing for the apache-way?

Bill