apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_signal.h apr.h.in apr_want.h
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:00:19 GMT
> gstein      01/02/10 16:39:55
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in
>                threadproc/os2 signals.c
>                threadproc/unix signals.c
>                misc/unix start.c
>                include  apr.h.in apr_want.h
>   Added:       include  apr_signal.h
>   Log:
>   *) add apr_signal_get_description() to that platforms (which have signals)
>      can portably get descriptions for them.
>   *) move signal stuff from apr.h to (new) apr_signal.h
>   *) os2/signals.c was collapsed into unix/signals.c
>   *) APR initialization will init the signal names (if needed)

This patch breaks win32:

./include\apr_signal.h(85) : warning C4005: 'apr_signal' : macro redefinition
start.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _apr_signal_init

I'm still not quite 'back here' from my cold to digest what this patch tries to do
and how it should be implemented on win32.  Looking at signals.c just exasperated me
that we are f*cking around with process handles for 'pid's.  So the whole bloomin
thing deserves a rewrite that I'm not about to attack this weekend.