apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Nomination for commit access; Brad Nicholes
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:42:39 GMT
From: <rbb@covalent.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 8:39 AM

> I agree that lighting a fire is a good thing, but I would personally
> rather see one or two APR patches from him first.  I haven't really been
> paying any attention to his 1.3 patches, and I'm not comfortable giving
> out commit access without any patches to the APR list.  I do think we can
> give him commit access if he posts one or two messages to the list though.

I'm not quite certain how you mean.  Netware is miles from doing -anything-
in apr.  It's not like a unix port, add a patch here or there.

This is a wholesale port, much like the Win32 or OS2 implementations.

Can I suggest you go back and browse some of his submissions, or simply let
those familiar with his patches push (for or against) on this?  OTOH, if your
concern is granting commit access without a serious commitment on his part
to -use- the access ... then if others agree we should table and get his
commitement from him in the form of phase-1 of a Netware port.

Bill