apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_thread_proc.h
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:50:45 GMT
> bjh         01/02/23 01:09:47
>
>   Modified:    include  apr_thread_proc.h
>   Log:
>   apr_setup_signal_thread() & apr_create_signal_thread() aren't implemented on
>   OS/2 (or needed AFAIK) so keep them out of exports list.
>

>   -#if APR_HAS_THREADS
>   +#if APR_HAS_THREADS && !defined(OS2)
>    /**
>     * Setup the process for a single thread to be used for all signal handling.
>     * @warn This must be called before any threads are created

Just a nit ... I consider this change wrong in spirit - I'd really, really like to
see a feature macro spelling out what this exception is and why.

It's going to become impossible to use any Unix mpms on OS2 if the code is blocked
in this way.  Maybe the issue is partly rbb's original contribution on signal handling
that opened up this chicken and egg, but unless this is -broken- on OS2 (couldn't
work for any app) - then even if your OS2 mpm isn't using it - I'd hate to see us
create APR crippleware.

Bill