apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Fw: CVS Broken
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2001 16:39:51 GMT
Now that I've cooled off...

From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 9:43 AM

> Branko, or one of the root access folks,
>
>   please revert all binary tags apr tags, now.  I've received three reports
> this morning that the files are corrupt when checked out on win32.

Done.

>   Text files on Win32 have CR/LF endings.  Text files on Unix have LF endings.

  One more thought.  If you insist on playing games using the unix stuff on win32
without s/lf/crlf/, then why the fu*k are you using a windows IDE?  I'd be +1
for supporting gnu make tools on win32, provided we continue to build on the
native Win32/NT APIs, not the cygwin compatibility layer.

>   Applications, such as CVS, are responsible for making the appropriate
> transformations.

Which is why you broke everyone who checked out the tree this morning.

>   Text files are not binary.  There are no characters in .dsp files.

s/characters/non ascii characters/

>   Attached in the correspondence on this issue, if anyone else cares about
> the gory details.

I consider my original reply a very clear veto.  None of us tollerate committing
code -over- a legitimate veto.  If that message wansn't to this list, condem the
goofs who decided that apr/new-httpd reply-to semantics differ.