apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Smirl" <jonsm...@mediaone.net>
Subject Re: SGI's Accelerating Apache project
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:44:21 GMT
I have forwarded copies of this mail thread to the NSPR developers. They
don't seem to be around this weekend so it may be Monday before you hear
from them.

If Apache and Mozilla can come to agreement on merging run-times there is
other interesting code in Mozilla as well.  For example I already have an
Apache module for calling XPCOM (portable version of Microsoft's COM but
much simpler). XPCOM lets me build plugable components for creating web
pages. For example I have components for XSLT, database, chart generation,
generating email, etc. XPCOM supports compontents written in C, Java,
Javascript and I believe Perl and Python.

Merging NSPR and APR would give me a unified memory allocation scheme and
make it much easier to find and prevent leaks. I would also like to use
Apache pools from XPCOM but I need the merged run-time to do this.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net