apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/file_io/unix filestat.c
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:42:00 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawickj@bellsouth.net> writes:

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:
>
> > > trawick     01/01/24 13:11:52
> > >
> > >   Modified:    file_io/unix filestat.c
> > >   Log:
> > >   get filestat.c to compile again
> >
> > and it rides again, I presume?  Thanks Jeff
>
> autoindex is still failing for me; I'll play with it some more

I found and fixed a bug in the threaded leg of apr_dir_read().  This
makes me real happy, because...

I started the day perplexed because it seemed that autoindex failed in
a pthread build but not in a prefork build.  Before I got a chance to
debug, I updated my normal work area -- picking up a bug which broke
both builds -- and went to work using prefork to verify that it really
worked with prefork.  But at this point it failed with prefork, so I
debugged, found the problem, and you committed a fix.  But I later got
e-mails from the regression test machines saying that the autoindex
test is still failing.  Again I noted the prefork vs. mpmt_pthread
discrepancy, yada yada yada...

Hopefully now autoindex really is working on Unix -- threaded build or
not :)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...