apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_xlate.h
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:19:39 GMT
> According to single-unix spec as I read it, there is a const:
>
> as found at http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/iconv.html
>
> SYNOPSIS
>
>        #include <iconv.h>
>
>        size_t iconv(iconv_t cd, const char **inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft,
>            char **outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);

    That shows that SUSv2 is a descendant of XPG4 where this
    specific iconv interface (with const) originated.

    However, draft 5 of SUSv3 contains this prototype which has
    been aligned with C99:

    size_t iconv(iconv_t cd, char **restrict inbuf,
        size_t *restrict inbytesleft, char **restrict outbuf,
        size_t *restrict outbytesleft);

    - Sascha