apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: apr-util build
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:48:29 GMT
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> [ david misfired, and this went straight to me; bringing back to the list ]
>
> Sascha said this wasn't needed on BSDs, but David says "yes".

    What I said was this:

    All BSDs, **except** BSD/OS.

    Remember that thread in late September?

> Somebody figure it out :-)

    I've just sent an email to the VP of Open-Source Technology
    of BSDi (Jordan K. Hubbard).   Hopefully we will get that
    fixed in BSD/OS sooner than later.  In the mean-time, the
    remaining four BSD/OS users (one has just passed away :-) can
    use gmake which seems to be installed by default.

> Seem reasonable?

    AC_OUTPUT and the generated dozens of sed operations and
    multiple sed invocations are slow and ugly.  I'd prefer to
    drop BSD/OS make support for now and tell BSD/OS users to use
    gmake.

    - Sascha