apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_xlate.h
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:01:43 GMT

> > Eh? Why are you casting away the const???

> Because, as noted in the earlier commit, the iconv function
> does not have a const parameter, and the only reason this
> variable is being used is for passing that parameter.
> Blame it on whoever created the original iconv prototype
> for the single-unix spec.

According to single-unix spec as I read it, there is a const:

as found at http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/iconv.html

SYNOPSIS

       #include <iconv.h>

       size_t iconv(iconv_t cd, const char **inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft,
           char **outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);

Also, I now get warnings from this code that I didn't get before.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131