apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: LARGEFILE support?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:42:13 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Question,
>
>   if we enable largefile support for unix, the apr_finfo_t->size, apr_off_t,
> and so forth all become 64 bit identities?
>
>   Are we prepared to do so today?  Consequences?  Win32 absolutely handles
> 64 bit file sizes/offsets without complaint, I just want to get a handle on
> how we proceed for all the platforms' benefit.

We can't enable it by default, because that has some serious consequences
on some platforms.  If we want to provide a configure option, then we can
turn it on whenever we want to.  If we want to enable it on some platforms
by default, I don't see that as a problem.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131