apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/tables apr_tables.c
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:15:30 GMT

> > >   yes, you *will* use a hash instead. any questions can be directed to Bubba.
> >
> > ?????  A hash and a table are two different things and both are
> > useful.  How do I insert data into a hash and iterate over it in the exact
> > same order?
>
> apr_table_t is a list, but we don't insert.  Hashed tables can't be iterated.
> There needs to be something in between for some classes of data.

Hmmm...  What do you mean we don't insert into a table?  There is an
apr_hash_next function to allow us to iterate over the hash table, but of
course the data is now out of order.

> > I would really have appreciated if this change had been discussed at some
> > point before an entire type was just removed.
>
> Ack, although we aren't using it right -now-, I'm -0.5 on this change

-0.5 from me too.  We may not use it, but this API has been being talked
about since I joined this list over two years ago.  By removing it I
believe we have taken a step backwards.  :-(

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131