apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/user/unix .cvsignore Makefile.in
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:13:36 GMT

> > > Isn't this copying the wrong (or not enough) files?  It currently
> > > copies just the .lo (timestamp) files.  Maybe it should copy the .o
> > > files too.
> > >
> > > Later, libtool thinks these are the real files (I guess) and when
> > > building .libs/libapr.a it ends up creating the symbolic links (the
> > > ones that don't work with libtool 1.3.3) and putting these timestamp
> > > files in the archive.
> > >
> > > mm_malloc/mm_free/etc. are not in .libs/libapr.a.  They are
> > > referenced, of course.
> >
> > I just verified that if shmem/unix/Makefile copies mm/*.lo *and*
> > mm/*.o then .libs/libapr.a has mm_malloc() et al in it.
> >
> > As an added bonus, this avoids the dependency on libtool 1.3.4.
>
> I'm just going to punt that stuff. Ryan made a change to allow us to tell
> apps to include libmm.la, so that should be fine. That will also keep us
> from poking around with the MM files, making assumptions about .lo
> organization, etc ... much cleaner.
>
> The whole copy thing used to be in there, but was an artifact of the old
> system. I think we can clear it out.

Okay, I'm confused, and I've been gone for about a day and a half, so I'm
going to ask.  Forgive me.  :-)

Greg, I thought you said that the solution I added was wrong.   Or, did
you mean that the stop-gap you used was wrong, and mine was right?  I did
what I needed to get it working, but I am perfectly open to new solutions.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131