apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: [patch] add APR_DECLARE to function prototypes
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 19:46:58 GMT
> Hiya,
>     This is part 1 of a multi-part patch to include APR_DECLARE(foo_t) statements for
all external APR functions. To aid verification (and reduce the risk of a massive screw-up)
I'm
> sending a seperate patch for each
> functional group starting with apr_pools. I'll wait for approval on this one before submitting
the others in turn.

This is a good patch, but it is going to take me some time before I commit
it.  The only problem is with the docs, which is why I can't commit this
immediately.  Basically ScanDoc doesn't have a full C parser in it, so it
doesn't really understand when the return type is surrounded by a macro.

The fix is easy, we just have to add a @deffunc to the ScanDoc sections in
the header files.  If you want to re-submit the patch with those, I'll
commit it tomorrow night, otherwise, I'll just take your patch, and modify
it to have the deffunc's and commit tomorrow night.  :-)

I didn't forget, I've just been busy for the last day or so.  If you are
going to do it, you should be able to find some examples in the current
headers, just search for deffunc.

Thanks for the patch

Ryan

406 29th St.