apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: APR - part 2 (fwd)
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 20:02:17 GMT

(Mispelled this list last time when I originally replied.)

Feel free to supply a patch.  I would ask that from now on questions about
APR should be sent to dev@apr.apache.org, which is the APR development
list.  Many of the Apache developers also work on APR, but there are many
other APR developers who are not on new-httpd@apache.org.

Ryan

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Gregory Nicholls wrote:

>    I can do this if you like. Be warned that it will impact just about every source module.
If
> you want to leave it until a more opportune time it's not going to hurt me at all, I
was just
> curious.
>         Greg.
>
> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > >  Hiya,
> > >     I've a second APR related question. Some of the external prototypes use
> > > APR_DECLARE(foo_t) and others do not. Notably apr_create_pool() has no such
declaration
> > > wheras apr_destroy_pool() does. Is this an oversight or is there a reason for
the mix ??

> > It is a major oversight.  The problem is that Unix doesn't tend to need
> > those things, so when APR was originally written, they were forgotten.  As
> > we find them, we try to fix them, but we have had bigger issues on our
> > plate recently.
> >
> > Ryan

> > Ryan Bloom                              rbb@apache.org
> > 406 29th St.