apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/src/buckets ap_buckets_file.c
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 05:53:25 GMT

> > Try this, you create a file instance.  Later, you want to attach userdata
> > to it.  Where do you allocate the data from?
>
> hehe... poor example. I use apr_get/set_filedata()   :-)
>
> We've gone this far without the accessor functions. Adding
> apr_mmap_from_file would obviate the need.

Which doesn't solve the problem.  How did you allocate the data?  If you
used a pool, you have to be careful of which one you used.  If you don't
get it from the file itself, then you have to pass the pool along with the
file.

It isn't a question of calling apr_set_userdata.  It is a question of
which pool was used to allocate the userdata.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131