apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Allan Edwards" <...@meepzor.com>
Subject FW: cvs commit: apr-util libaprutil.def
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2001 00:39:22 GMT
whoops, this didn't get sent to the list

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Edwards [mailto:ake@meepzor.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 4:25 PM
To: Greg Stein
Subject: RE: cvs commit: apr-util libaprutil.def

> Why is that showing up in two export files? Shouldn't it live in only one
> library?

There are actually a few (haven't determined exactly how many)
duplicate exports in libhttpd.def and libaprutil.def - It had struck
me as rather odd when I made the name change and intended to
think the problem is solved (at least for ap_current_hooking_module)
by removing it from libhttpd.def and adding a dependency on
libaprutil in the mod_dav project. I'll go ahead and make that
fix and remove any other duplicates I find in libhttpd.def

BTW. the other question that crossed my mind was why do we need .def file
entry anyway, we are defining APU_DECLARE_EXPORT which should translate
to __declspec(dllexport) and according to MS doesn't require a .def file.
(for some reason however it will not currently compile unless we do have
the .def file entry)

Thanks, Allan