apr-dev mailing list archives

From cmpil...@collab.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/file_io/win32 filestat.c
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:19:10 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> Yuck.  I don't seem to have those interactions with vc5.0/SDK 2000.
> But you are right, we just slowed the build by bypassing these
> inclusions.
>
> We can selectively toggle off -parts- of the GDI without turning it off
> entirely.  Since I can't see which parts are used (we are looking at
> different wtype.h versions) I can't help too much.

I think the fork in the road is the #define __midl that I'm assuming
(based on comments in <winnt.h>) only gets set in WinNT and higher.
Since it doesn't get set in Win98 by default, the header inclusion
stuff takes a different route, if you will.  At least, this is my best
guess at this stage.

> The patch ought to be reverted after we fix apr.hw to toggle off what
> we can without toggling off anything more.  Does this sound like an
> amusing project for you, Mike?

Heh.  Amusing?  Not any more so than your question. ;-)  But if it
needs to be done, it needs to be done, right?

I'll keep researching the issue over here to see if I can come up with
a solid solution.  I would ask that if developers have a patch that
they think might in some way break the Win98 build they either verify
the patch themselves under Win98 or send it to me to validate--I'm
cool with that if others are.  I'd just like to enjoy the luxury of a
buildable APR on a daily basis like others do.

Oh, and I want an office with a view.  And a company car--SUV, British
racing green, please.  And options, gimme options, and...