apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_xlate.h
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:49:04 GMT
> That's a real PITA.  How exactly are we supposed to handle platforms
> this?  Linux is getting warnings right now, which I dislike.

I am developing on Linux (RedHat 7) and was getting warnings with
the old code.  I don't know why you are getting warnings from the
explicit cast.  Are you using an extra -Woption besides maintainer-mode
and -Werror?  Note that the first change I made did cause warnings,
but I fixed those before you woke up this morning.

The right way to handle it is to add an autoconf test that looks
for the warning and sets a symbol accordingly.  However, the code
will work fine regardless of the warning, so it probably isn't
worth the effort to support no warnings on anything but the latest gcc.

....Roy