apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Build problems on BeOS R4.5
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:27:43 GMT
We should simply nuke the "asize" and "csize" since they are nearly
impossible to deal with in any reasonable cross-platform way. If/when
somebody really needs that feature, then we can introduce them.

Cheers,
-g

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:01:12AM -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> Well, I recently tried building APR on BeOS R4.5 (this time an i586)
> again.  I get the following error:
>
> /bin/sh /boot/home/subversion/apr/libtool --mode=compile --silent gcc -DBEOS -DBEOS
-I../../include -I../../include/arch/beos -I../../include/arch/unix -c filestat.c &&
touch filestat.lo
> /boot/home/subversion/apr/file_io/unix/filestat.c: In function `fill_out_finfo':
> /boot/home/subversion/apr/file_io/unix/filestat.c:101: structure has no member named
`st_blocks'

> This error is not surprising, since as it turns out, the stat.h header
> defines a struct stat without st_blocks as a member, nor with any
> close analogue.  The definition of stat is as follows:
>
> struct stat {
>     dev_t                       st_dev;        /* "device" that this file resides on
*/
>     ino_t                       st_ino;        /* this file's inode #, unique per device
*/
>     mode_t                      st_mode;       /* mode bits (rwx for user, group, etc)
*/

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/