apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util STATUS
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:19:42 GMT
> wrowe       01/01/12 20:23:31
>
>   Modified:    .        STATUS
>   Log:
>     Vote on some things so we get this out the door!
>
>    RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
>
>   +    * This vote ends on Wednesday!
>   +      Source code layout needs to be decided for apr and apr-util.  There
>   +      has been some discussion about adding a src/ directory to apr or
>   +      removing it from apr-util/.  Either way, this needs to be decided.
>   +      Those for adding apr/src/    : gstein
>   +      Those removing apr-util/src/ : wrowe, rbb

Sorry, let's do this in one place, apr/STATUS ... we don't have two projects
and mail lists going on.

>        * Prefix for the code.
>            APR: Ryan +1, Greg +1
>   +        Will asks "Is that apu_ prefix?  I'm +++1 for that!

Same timetable to deal with this.

>        * Compatibility header to deal with renamed symbols.

The only 'right' way is to offer an

  ap_compat.h apache symbols, which includes:
    apu_compat.h apr-util symbols, which includes:
      apr_compat.h

Very simple, I'll implement (if it wasn't already done) Sunday night.