apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Seperate apr compilations
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 04:52:42 GMT
I've done a ton of thinking about these issues.

1) Once Greg finishes his fine work exporting symbols, we need
   no def files whatsoever for our dll (or certainly no symbol
   names, even if we keep them for versioning/descriptions.)

2) We should simply build the sources in both static and
   dynamic models.  My argument against has always been
   maintanance, and with no more maintance required on .def
   files, adding a new file in both apr.dsp and libapr.dsp
   really isn't that bad.

Greg, and anyone interested, attached is the patch that will
'break' the libapr from apr and libaprutil from aprutil.
This can go in once all the symbols are APR/APU_DECLARE'ed.

I'll catch with Ryan if you throw :-)  I have some deeper
issues and bug tracking to get finished on 2.0 so thank you,
Greg, for picking up on this!

Bill