apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Keeping track of socket settings...
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:43:38 GMT
Greg,

Nicely put and that's exactly what I had in mind but after spending 10 hours
flogging to St Pete & back my mind isn't working as well as normal! (Mind
due, does it ever??)  Of course I was going to use the TCP_ flags but the
APR should do the job...  That said, we don't currently allow the user to
set TCP_CORK or TCP_NOPUSH, so maybe we should think about that?  Tracking
the TCP_ options might be safer and more flexible?

david

[apologies to Greg for sending him this twice, but I forgot about the reply
all again until I'd sent it!!!]

> > Some of this is apr specific, so ...
> >
> > It seems like a good idea to keep track of what we have set as the
socket
> > options.  Should we simply use a variable (apr_int32_t umask for
example)
> > and check the bits?  Would this work across all platforms?  Bill?
Brian?