apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: APR LIBRARY STATUS 2001/01/28 02:13:18
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2001 02:42:06 GMT
Few brief comments...

>     * add a version number to apr_initialize() as an extra failsafe
against
>       (APR) library version skew.
>       MsgID: <Pine.LNX.4.10.10005231712380.31927-100000@nebula.lyra.org>

I see 3 +1's for this.  Have we agreed the format and so on?  If not we
should talk about whether it's a pre/post beta 1 issue.

>     * use os_(un)cork in network_io/unix/sendrecv.c for FreeBSD's
>       sendfile implementation.

os_cork/uncork need to be rewriten to make better use of the new socket
tracking stuff I added.  They may be able to be removed all together.  I'll
add a note. :)

>     * Change the return type of apr_hash_count() to some counter type
>       (like "int") instead of a size type (apr_size_t).  Jeff will
>       do this Real Soon Now (so he says on 20010121).

Is this important enough for pre beta?

> Stuff waiting for code thawing after Beta 1:
>
>     * socket options patch - this is an attempt to track and cache
>       the various options we have set on a socket to avoid needless
>       systems calls to discover if an option is set or not...
>       http://www.apache.org/~dreid/sockopt_diff

Oops, this has gone in so can be removed.