apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_stat
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:32:27 GMT
From: <rbb@covalent.net>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 4:59 PM

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:
>

> > On Friday, January 19, 2001, at 10:12  PM, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > > I guess the way I see it, is that it looks like we are tring to optimize
> > > for error conditions.  I would much rather see us optimize for success
> > > personally.
> >
> >    I agree.
>
> I hate to ask this Fred, but could you put this in context.  I remember
> saying this, but I really can't say what I was referring to.  :-)

You are confusing me too...  Which semantic do you want to see?  Semi-error
if we get a partial result (some are fields not implemented), or no error
and check the flags?  If we have an 'override', do we override to fail on
partial, or override to succeed on partial.

Yes, these threads get too confusing... and this one is my doing ;->