apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Build problems on BeOS R4.5
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:08:28 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 3:27 AM

> We should simply nuke the "asize" and "csize" since they are nearly
> impossible to deal with in any reasonable cross-platform way. If/when
> somebody really needs that feature, then we can introduce them.

I'm +.5 on retaining asize, simply becase I believe asize is inadaquately
defined.  I'm strongly +1 on retaining csize, which has a very definate and
legitimate purpose for file management.

Two options.  One - disable their return on Unix (and don't trip those valid
member bits), or two, define them as identity until someone has an interest
in making them work.  We will probably find a few more dribs and drabs along
the way.  The 'right way', imho, is to test in libtool for specific (unusual)
fields in the stat/dirent structures.

> > I wonder if st_size/st_blksize might do the trick.

That sounds rational, or rather ((st_size - 1)/st_blksize) + 1) * st_blksize

Interesting from the post below, though, what is st_ctime vs. st_mtime vs.
st_crtime... it isn't appparent to me why there is a third?

Bill

[Folks, if you are commenting on the 'house flavor' of stat, please toss
your dirent in the mix, and visa versa.  Nearly every machine I use is some
BSD flavor, so this would be very interesting to me personally.]

> Cheers,
> -g
>
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:01:12AM -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> > Well, I recently tried building APR on BeOS R4.5 (this time an i586)
> > again.  I get the following error:
> >
> > /bin/sh /boot/home/subversion/apr/libtool --mode=compile --silent
gcc -DBEOS -DBEOS  -I../../include -I../../include/arch/beos -I../../include/arch/unix -c
filestat.c && touch filestat.lo