apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr CHANGES aclocal.m4
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:19:50 GMT
trawick@locus.apache.org writes:

> trawick     00/12/17 05:12:12
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES aclocal.m4
>   Log:
>   Tighten up the check for getaddrinfo().  If it can't figure out
>   the appropriate address family for 127.0.0.1, it fails.
>   Unfortunately, Tru64 fails this test so we won't do IPv6 on
>   Tru64.

Note that it is easy enough to handle numeric address strings properly
and portably in apr_getaddrinfo() by writing the code ourselves.
Unfortunately, the Tru64 getaddrinfo() won't handle AF_UNSPEC with
hosts either, so writing explicit code to handle numeric address
strings is a false solution.

Yuck!

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...