apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr STATUS
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:48:56 GMT
gstein@locus.apache.org writes:

> gstein      00/12/14 03:10:26
>
>   Modified:    .        STATUS
>   +    * apr_create_lock() changes:
>   +      - The fname param is allowed to be NULL on the Unix platform.

feature, not bug...  Do you mean that the semantics associated with
this ("make up a file for me if you need to, APR") are not implemented
across all platforms?  Do you disagree with the usefulness of that
feature?

>   +        Change it to always use the passed value, and check
>   callers.

It uses the passed value when appropriate, right?  Note that we don't
always need a file as not all supported lock mechanisms are
file-based.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...