apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/helpers make_export.pl
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 00:16:49 GMT
rbb@locus.apache.org writes:

> rbb         00/11/30 15:46:32
>
>   Added:       helpers  make_export.pl
>   Log:
>   Add a helper script to generate a list of all of the functions exported
>   from APR.  This script is probably not fully correct, but it seems to
>   work for APR.  It generates a file with the format:

By the way...  I found another little exports.c problem today:

On OS/390, the symbols generated by the C compiler are (effectively)
tagged as variables or functions.  In exports.c, we lie about
apr_month_snames and apr_day_snames, claiming that they are functions
like everything else.  On OS/390, this breaks at link time because
there is a mismatch in the symbol tag -- variable (as implemented by
APR) vs. function (as requested by exports.c).

It would seem that the table(s) from which exports.c are generated
will need to encode whether the symbol is a variable or function.

OTOH, if we know the feature test macro to use, we can go back to
including all the APR header files and thus generated exports.c can
avoid hard-coding a declaration for symbols.  This would avoid the
invalid declarations for apr_*_snames.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...