apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: Patch to fix dirs when builddir != srcdir
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:15:29 GMT
> I would like to know why perl is used to determine how easy it
> would be to replace with something that has a better shot at
> being installed on every box that someone might want to build
> apr on.

    Feel free to provide an awk script which implements the
    equivalent functionality.

> When I mentioned the autogen.sh thing, you claimed
> that it was fine to use ./buildconf and that you did
> not want to change it. Submitting patches that get
> ignored is no fun.

    I think it would dramatically improve your chance to get
    your proposals accepted, if you would try to understand what
    your counterpart says.

    In my last email, I tried to communicate to you that you are
    putting words into my mouth. Nobody likes that, especially if
    you get it wrong. You have now succeeded in getting things
    wrong again (no, I did not defend the choice of Perl and
    never accused you of being anti-Perl, nor did I ever say that
    I dislike automake or GNU make).

    Thanks,
    - Sascha