apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util Makefile.in
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 23:22:02 GMT
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> >   Modified:    .        Makefile.in
> >   Log:
> >   aprutil in the "distribution" form does not want to remove configure or
> >     aprutils.exports (these two files are part of the distribution and users
> >     cannot typically regenerate them). But the developers' "extraclean" target
> >     will do it.
>
> WHAT!?!?!?!  Distclean is meant to bring us back to what we had when we
> did a "cvs checkout".

    Actually, you'd use cvsclean for that (dunno where it is
    today, before the move it was in src/helpers).

    Since this has come up several times in the past, here is the
    definition of distclean, as commonly agreed upon:

        The target distclean is intended to remove all files
        which were created by configuring or building the
        program.

    - Sascha