apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: testfile
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:29:33 GMT

> > It hangs on 3.4.  I need to get somewhere quickly or I'd try it on
> > Linux now.  Frankly, that use of poll looks questionable and I am
> > guessing that FreeBSD doesn't wake up a poll in that situation.
>
> It works on Linux, of course.  I still suspect that this use of poll
> just doesn't work on some systems.

According to Single Unix:

	The poll() function supports regular files, terminal and
	pseudo-terminal devices, STREAMS-based files, FIFOs and pipes. The
	behaviour of poll() on elements of fds that refer to other types
	of file is unspecified.

	Regular files always poll TRUE for reading and writing.

If this doesn't work on some platform, then that platform is just
broken.  Please try forcing APR to use select() instead of poll() to do
the actual waiting.  This is accomplished by just modifying the
apr_private.h file to not define HAVE_POLL.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131