apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr-util STATUS
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 21:14:57 GMT

> > Okay, so that wasn't the best example, since a compression or encoding filter would
> > have to read the data to compress or encode it anyway.  Bah.  What I was really
> > trying to get at was something more like the byterange filter.  Why is it that an
> > ap_brigade_split_offset would not work there again?
>
> How about a better example, a binary result filter from a known filetype.  E.g. we
> have this .gif image that we know from the header we will play with a certain range
> of bytes in the body, so ap_brigate_split_offset forward to that part.  Certain
> .pdf manipulators could use this as well.
>
> This is now apr-util, so it should be something generally useful outside of the
> server for other bucket brigade apps.

I'll buy this.  I can see this being somewhat useful.  Part of me thinks
this should be implemented as a brigade_seek function.  The calling code
would then be responsible for calling ap_bucket_split and
ap_brigade_split, but I am not sure if I agree with that or not yet.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131