apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/srclib/sdbm .cvsignore Makefile.in sdbm.c sdbm.h sdbm_hash.c sdbm_lock.c sdbm_pair.c sdbm_pair.h sdbm_private.h sdbm_tune.h sdbmlib.dsp
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 00:23:09 GMT

> > > Well, that's always been the case :-)
> > >
> > > Hmm. I don't think that I'd have a problem renaming SDBM entry points and
> > > the header to apr_sdbm. I'll go put a line into the STATUS file for voting
> > > input.
> >
> > This shouldn't require a vote.  What we have now is broken, and we are in
> > commit then review mode.
>
> Require? No... probably not. Considerate? Yes :-)
>
> For changes that revamp existing APIs, I prefer to ask. Not always,
> unfortunately, but when I think about it, I like to.
>
> In this case, somebody may have an alternate opinion on what to do. For
> example, Bill's initial suggestion was to simply hide SDBM altogether and
> make people use apr_dbm_* to access it. I'd prefer to expose SDBM since we
> have the darn thing, and then make apr_dbm separately available for people
> that don't have a specific requirement on what DBM gets used.

I wasn't actually thinking of renaming the entry points right now.  Right
now, I just want to get the header file renamed, because it is invalid to
install it as it is now.  The entry point change can wait a few days, but
if we are going to release an Apache alpha on Monday, the file name needs
to change before we release the alpha.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131