apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: The iconv solution?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:15:18 GMT

My own opinion, and I believe this matches with Bill's is that we can't
distribute iconv with APR, because it is just too big.  I would like to
put stub functions into APR, that can load iconv codepages, given a
path.  This would mean that any program that wants to use codepages will
need to prep them first, but that is okay.  Then, we put the codepages
into the own repository, and create a tar ball that is accessible from the
web site.

Ryan

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Please comment to this, I think Greg, Jeff, Ryan and I were on the
> same page on this, but I won't go ahead without a vote.  I'd like it
> to happen Saturday, since we don't seem to be rolling till Monday,
> and I'd like to set Mon 00:00 GMT as the last chance to get your
> tree checked out before we start blasting attics :-)
>
> Bill

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131