apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/src/dbm apr_dbm.c
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:30:43 GMT

>   Log:
>     Document and address several problems with apr_dbm - including;
>
>        make apr_dbm_open args sane in respect to both apr and dbm
>        note absurdity of apr_dbm_freedatum in a pool-managed implementation
>        note obscurity of apr_dbm_geterror in relation to apr

I would just like to go on record as saying that the dbm portion is the
incorrect solution.  PHP has already solved this exact problem in a
portable way for far more databases.  Why are we duplicating their
work?  Their license is completely compatible with ours, so we should just
be able to take their code and move on.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131