apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/mmap/win32 mmap.c
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 14:29:28 GMT

> >   +#ifdef WIN32
> >   +    /** The handle of the file mapping */
> >   +    HANDLE mhandle;
> >   +    /** The start of the real memory page area (mapped view) */
> >   +    void *mv;
> >   +    /** The physical start, size and offset */
> >   +    size_t pstart;
> >   +    size_t psize;
> >   +    size_t poffset;
> >   +#endif
>
> Non-win32-specific question: why is the MMAP structure visible? Shouldn't
> that be an opaque structure?

It was to begin with, then I started adding MMAP support to 2.0, and
making it a visible structure made adding it to Apache much easier, and it
just made sense.  Since I added it, the code has changed, and we won't
have any problems hiding this structure again.  Will and I discussed this
last night, and I'll probably end up making this structure incomplete
today if I have a chance.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131