apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: src/ directory (was: Re: apr-util comments)x
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 02:53:38 GMT

> How much complexity are we willing to trade off for the minority position?

I consider this an important issue, so I am willing to trade a bit of
complexity for this feature.  I don't want to add a lot of complexity, but
a bit.

Plus, as apr-util grows, Apache will not want some of the functions that
are in it, and Apache may want to statically link it instead of using a
shared library, so partial builds are important.

> > > I'll include this information in a "project structure" document today. That
> > > will cover info for developers: config/build, layout, etc.
> >
> > Would you mind waiting to pull together that document until this
> > discussion is finished?  I figure this is going to gell, and we should get
> > everything out before we try to document everything.  :-)
>
> There is more to it than directory layout. And whatever I check in can
> always be changed. I can certainly wait for a bit, but there have been other
> Q&A that I'd like to capture while it is still in my head.

I just meant the directory layout discussion part.  You are winning me
over, but I want to digest this a bit more.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131