apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util Makefile.in
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 02:56:02 GMT

> > > 1) clean out the .o files [before rebuilding]
> > > 2) clean out the results of running ./configure (restore everything to the
> > >    same point that you unpacked apache.org/dist/aprutil-1.0.tar.gz)
> > > 3) return to the point right after a CVS checkout
> >
> > Step 2 does not exist in Apache as it now stands, and nobody has been
> > clamoring for it so far.  It has never existed AFAICS.
>
> And I *do* see that Apache has (2) and it is called "distclean". :-)

Here are the files cleaned by Apache's distclean:

DISTCLEANFILES  = include/config_auto.h modules.c aclocal.m4 buildmk.stamp \
        configure generated_lists include/ap_config_auto.h \
        include/ap_config_auto.h.in include/ap_config_path.h install-sh

That includes configure at least, which is not a part of step 2.

> We only have about six files in the whole tree to deal with (3). I went for
> the simple, straightforward approach.

Then please make it common in all of the Makefiles, Apache, apr, apr-util,
pcre, sdbm, expat-lite, etc.

> I presume that your note implies your veto is lifted?

Yes.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131