apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util Makefile.in
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 00:38:27 GMT

> We have three levels of cleaning that need to be expressed:
>
> 1) clean out the .o files [before rebuilding]
> 2) clean out the results of running ./configure (restore everything to the
>    same point that you unpacked apache.org/dist/aprutil-1.0.tar.gz)
> 3) return to the point right after a CVS checkout

Step 2 does not exist in Apache as it now stands, and nobody has been
clamoring for it so far.  It has never existed AFAICS.

As for step 3, I would be much happier with an external program like
cvsclean.

> I believe that we *do* need these three types of cleaning. Does this make
> sense to you?

Sure.  I am still not convinced that we need all three, and regardless, we
shouldn't be duplicating files, so pleast fix that.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131