apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: apr-util comments
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:28:31 GMT

> Bigger issue.  [just finished reviewing it myself]
>
> Symbols can't be wrapped by APR_DECLARE, we need to use an APU_DECLARE, or
> APR_UTIL_DECLARE, or whatever.  Consider;
>
> APR_DECLARE symbols are exported into the aprlib.dll
>
> apr-util.dll needs to export its symbols, and import the APR_DECLAREs.

UGH!  That's a real PITA.  I was really hoping to not have to create
another set of DECLARE macros.  :-(

Does apr-util.dll also export the symbols from apr.dll?  If so, does that
make a difference?

> All I'm asking for is the symbol name, is APR_UTIL_DECLARE too wordy (and if
> so, would we rather use APU_DECLARE or APRU_DECLARE?, or even AU_DECLARE)

I guess if we need another one, I would suggest APU_DECLARE.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131