apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util Makefile.in
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:31:14 GMT

>   Modified:    .        Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   aprutil in the "distribution" form does not want to remove configure or
>     aprutils.exports (these two files are part of the distribution and users
>     cannot typically regenerate them). But the developers' "extraclean" target
>     will do it.

WHAT!?!?!?!  Distclean is meant to bring us back to what we had when we
did a "cvs checkout".  If you just want to clean your directory use make
clean, not make distclean.  This is the exact same syntax and rules that
Apache and APR have always used.  AFAIK, this is basically a standard and
we shouldn't be re-inventing things.

-1

Oh, and if we were to keep EXTRACLEAN, which I have just vetoed, it should
really use the DISTCLEAN_TARGETS variable so that we don't have to
duplicate file names.

Ryan

>    SUBDIRS = src . test build
>    DISTCLEAN_TARGETS = config.cache config.log config.status config.sub \
>   -	include/apu_config.h aprutils.exports configure
>   -EXTRACLEAN_TARGETS = configure libtool aclocal.m4 include/apu_config.h.in
>   +	include/apu_config.h
>   +EXTRACLEAN_TARGETS = configure libtool aclocal.m4 include/apu_config.h.in \
>   +	aprutils.exports
>
>    ### fix this up at some point (install location)
>    libdir = /usr/local/lib

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131