apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: apr-util comments
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:18:32 GMT

> 1) I assume that the ap_* prefix on files/etc hasn't been changed to apr_* yet
> simply to ease the transition to httpd-2.0, and that the namespace change will come
> in a later pass.  Right?

The prefix was left alone, because I wasn't going to bother changing it
until we have a working server.  If we change the API, it really needs to
be done before Beta1, because after beta1 the API's shouldn't change
without a REALLY good reason.

> 2) Shouldn't src/encoding/ap_sha1.c really go in src/crypto/?  SHA1 is a hashing
> algorithm, not an encoding algorithm.  Right?

The comments in the code talk about encoding.  We could move it if we
have/want to.

> 3) Might the src/buckets directory want to be called src/data (hmm... maybe
> confusing) or src/datastructures (hmm... kind of long) or something like that?
> (Somebody please think of a more concise name than I have.)  I'm trying to
> anticipate where it is that tables/hashes/whatever would go if/when they get moved
> out of APR.  This sort of follows as a simplification of my suggestion last week
> that the data structures could stand alone as a separate library beneath APR.

I would like the buckets code to stay where it is
personally.  tables and hashes would go in src/tables.  Buckets are useful
in their own right, and don't have any ties to other data structures like
tables, so IMHO they should be separate.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131