apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build rules.mk.in
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 00:19:13 GMT

> > > Mandrake is rpm-based:
> > >
> > > $ rpm -q make bash
> > >
> > > I think the make version might actually be the most important part.
> >
> > I know, but I remove all rpm's just after installing Linux, and re-install
> > most of the system by hand.  I dislike using rpms whenever possible.
>
> Masochistic, aren't you? I stopped doing that back in '95 when I switched

Pretty much, yeah.  I just like to know what's on my machine.  I have an
intense dislike to rpm's.  :-)

> Quick question: when you type "make" at the top-level of apr-util (after
> configuring), does it recurse for you?

Yep.  Quick question for you now,  why does the top-level Makefile have:

SUBDIRS = src . test build

It seems to me this should be:

SUBDIRTS = src test

We aren't building anything in build or . are we?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131