apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/test .cvsignore Makefile.in
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:18:12 GMT

> Note that it uses autoconf and libtool. It isn't complicated enough for
> automake, so I didn't bother. The build stuff is also greatly simplified
> over those in APR and Apache. A single build/rules.mk and teeny makefiles
> throughout.

I would really prefer to not use libtool.  This is meant to be a library
that is useful to external projects.  Apache has had some real problems
using libtool, and it is impossible for non-libtool projects to use a
libtool library.

#1.  We are talking about completely re-organizing the Apache tree, which
means that the history won't be easily accessible for any of those
files.  Plus these files are actually going to live in apr-util for a long
time, so we want as much history as we can have there.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131