apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs access for httpd group
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 02:20:45 GMT

> > True; my response was something of a knee-jerk to a request to change our
> > standard mode of operation (and expanding permissions to a much larger
> > group of people) due to what seemed to be a usage-related bug.  Also if
> > the expectation for the future was that being in the "httpd" group was
> > going to mean automatic privs on the "apr" group,
>
> I'd like to state that I don't have that expectation. If somebody is added
> to httpd, then they don't necessarily have apr privs. Certainly, there will
> always be a predisposition in the ASF to allow any committer to be added to
> any project (and especially from httpd -> apr (not the other way! :-)), but
> I don't think it is automatic (nor should it be).

If I understood Roy, and it is VERY likely that I didn't, he didn't ask
that each httpd committer was given APR commit access, he just asked that
each httpd commiter was also put in the APR group.  If those people aren't
put in the apr avail list, then they don't have commit access to APR.  The
biggest problem I see with this, is that the person creating the account
will have to remember to do this put the person in both accounts, and that
is non-intuitive.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131