apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/locks/unix locks.c
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:44:14 GMT

> Why don't we add something like apr_get_config_string() which returns
> a string like the "httpd -V" output (but of course only builds the APR
> part)?

How many +1s can I give this?  this would be incredibly useful.

> include/apr_general.h:
>
>   apr_status_t apr_get_config_string(char **cfg, apr_pool_t *cont);
>
> misc/unix/cfg.c:
>
>   put the function here; any other functions dealing with config tests
>   could go here too

This should work the same way apr_initialize works, so that it calls into
the APR sub-libraries with a function like "apr_report_lock" or
"apr_report_threads".  This would make it very extensible, and as we build
APR with or without different components, we would just pick up the right
information.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131